Thursday, January 3, 2013

It's aliiiiive!!!!!

If you are an old subscriber to this blog, either by feed or by email, you may be surprised to see a new post from this site after about 2 1/2 years of inactivity. Also, the name at the top is different. Hopefully, you'll see the notice about where the blog you might have expected to find actually is. (HINT: You can find Sober Catholic here!)

This blog is mainly experimental. I just changed the settings to integrate it with Google+, a new social, or "sharing" network started by Google. I joined Google+ during the Summer of 2011, and thoroughly enjoy it.

I have restarted and renamed this blog for sentimental reasons. It was my first blogging effort, and served me well for 3 and a half years before I went to a paid alternative. "Trudging Paulcoholic's Road" is also sentimental, it was the name of on-again-off-again blogging efforts of a "personal" nature. Those efforts are now undertaken at Paul Sofranko Dot Net and the aforementioned Sober Catholic.) It is also a name rooted in alcohol recovery, for I am an alcoholic of over 1 1/2 years of sobriety. In AA's basic text, known as the "Big Book," there is a line referring to the path of recovery, known as "Trudging the Road of Happy Destiny." And so I just altered it to my own personal tastes. "My" road of recovery, or online surfing, or Google+ posting. Whatever!

And so I am not sure what to do with this. I'll see how posts from here wind up on the "Plus," (the affectionate name G+ users have for Google+) and go from there.







No comments: